Speech as a ubiquitous interface may soon be ready to fulfill its promise. With Google, Apple, Amazon and IBM driving the development of core enabling technologies, speech as a form of input may finally be ready to move beyond the automated phone menus and voice recognition technologies of the past.
Recent advances in AI, coupled with context sensitivity driven in part by the availability of massive data sets, are making the most natural of interfaces, well, more natural. Come here our panel of experts share their views on where speech technology is headed in terms of:
- Robotics and Intelligent Assistants like Siri and Alexa
- Home Automation, Logistics and other IoT applications
- Natural Language Systems for customer service interactions
- TTS and STT as enabling technologies
- Applications for directions, traffic alerts and other “hands busy” situations
Learn how some of the worlds largest companies and startups are placing their bets on speech tech as an integral part of product and service design. Join in a lively conversation.